Rules and Regulations
- RHB Lekas Highway Ride 2020 ("RLHR") (the "Event") is co-organised by Lebuhraya Kajang-Seremban Sdn. Bhd. and GoSportz Sdn. Bhd (“the Organiser”) with the full support of Ministry of Works (“MoW”), Polis Diraja Malaysia (“PDRM”), Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia (“LLM”) and Malaysia National Cycling Federation (“MNCF”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R&R”), the Waiver, and all the Terms and Conditions ("T&C") applicable to riders, which can be found at www.lekashighwayride.my ("Official Website").
- A rider, being a person who has entered to take part in the Event, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organiser for the Organiser to collect, analyse and collate the personal information relating to that rider. By completing the official entry form, including through online registration, the rider signals his / her agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record of the Event and its riders for any commercial advertising and other promotional purposes.
- The rider who is a person who has entered to take part in the Event is deemed to have given written permission to the Organiser for the Organiser to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that rider, as the Organiser may in their sole discretion deem fit, including and without any limitation, information for the Organiser’s programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising, and/or any other purpose in furtherance of the functions.
- The rider agrees to:
a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the rider captured in the registration form (the "Registration Data");
b) maintain the security of the rider’s password and identification; and
c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the rider from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed to be received by the rider concerned.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferable.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&R and/or T&Cs from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the sole authority to interpret and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected riders. Any amendments to these R&R and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to riders, in which case the Organiser will make the effort to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to riders, to amend the Event cycling routes as it deems fit for the safety of the riders and / or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
- For any registration on behalf of any participant the principal member or the online user account owner shall be fully responsible to inform each member of the Rules and Regulations of the Event and is deemed to have obtained each member participant’s approval to accept the Rules and Regulations on their behalf ie. Each member participant who has authorised this online registration by their friend is also deemed to have read and accepted the Event Rules and Regulations.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By registering his / her entry each rider indicates his / her acceptance of the conditions below. In order to participate in the Event, riders must comply with any age requirements specified in their category. Riders must adhere to the following: -
Equipment and Age Group
Distance Categories of 120KM and 78km
- For registration purposes, participants’ ages are calculated as frozen aged on 31st December 2020.
- For 120km and 78km distance categories, participants in Men Open, Men Veteran and Women Open categories, must be 22 years old and above as of 31st December 2020.
- For 78km distance category, participants in Young Adult Categories, must be aged between 17 and 21 years old as of 31st December 2020.
- Participants below the age of 18 for 78km category are required to obtain parental / guardian’s consent and complete the indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry.
- A male participant is considered a veteran if his 45th birthday falls on or before 31st December 2020 and will automatically be registered under the Men Veteran Category in 120km and 78km distance categories. If a male veteran wishes to participate in Men Open Category in 120km or 78km distance categories, he needs to select "Men Open" during registration process.
- Pro-cyclist, Continental Team, State & National riders are NOT ALLOWED to participate in any of the categories stated above. If any participant fails to comply with the condition stipulated above, the result from such participant will not be recognized and will not be included in the official ranking.
- A participant aged below 45 years old will automatically be registered under the Open Category in 120km or 78km distance categories only.
- Distances and durations indicated for all categories of rides are only approximate. The organiser reserves the right to amend such distances and durations should circumstances demand it.
- In the 120km or 78km ride, ONLY Road Bikes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Folding Bikes and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
- The following bikes are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED for any category:
- Bikes with Disc Wheels / Rim Covers;
- Bikes with Aero or Extension Bars;
- Bikes with Fixed Wheels with No Brakes;
- Fixie Bikes; - Specialist Time Trial Bikes;
- Motorized Bikes;
- Bikes with Drop Handle Bars and / or Disc Brakes are allowed.
- Tandem bicycles may be used by visually handicapped riders ONLY. Participants should seek clearance from the Organiser on a case-by-case basis.
- Regrettably, riders who attend the Event with unapproved bikes will be unable to participate.
Corporate / Open Team Bike Ride
- Corporate / Open Team bike ride is only open to companies or organisations registered in Malaysia.
- The organiser reserves the right to invite or reject any corporate / open team from joining this event.
- A maximum of 5 members is allowed for this corporate / open team bike ride.
- To determine the winning teams for corporate teams, the score of best 3 members in a team will be taken into account. Additionally, every individual in a team is qualified to win the individual title of the respective categories of 120km of Men Open, Veteran Men or Women Open only. If any team fails to comply with the conditions stipulated above, the team will be disqualified immediately, and any win in Corporate / Open Team will not be recognized.
Teen and Children’s Bike Ride
- Teen and Children’s categories are only open for participants aged between 10 and 16 on 31st December 2020 (this is our cut-off date of the qualifying age for the event). For example, if you will be aged 9 on 31st December 2020, but will turn 10 on 1st January 2021, you are still not allowed to participate in this event.
- For the Teen and Children’s category, participants are required to download the indemnity declaration form and request a parent / guardian to sign it. You must bring the indemnity declaration form along on the race pack collection day. Participants who fail to do so might be prevented from participate the event.
- The deposit fee is only refundable if and only the child is personally present to participate the event. The child’s MyKid Card-/Identity Card-/Passport is required to verify his / her identity. Children who fail to attend on the event day will not receive the refund of deposit fees.
- A winning participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he / she is entitled to, which might offer a higher value prize. Notwithstanding the participant’s election, his / her finishing positions in each relevant prize categories will not change.
- Prizes may be awarded in non-monetary terms.
- The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he / she is found to be disqualified.
- All prize-winning participants must present their original identification document at the information counter, such as Identity Card or Passport, to collect their prizes.
- Prize winners must report to the prize giving zone. In case a cyclist fails to do so, the Organiser may donate the cash prize money to charity.
- All prizes not claimed within two (2) weeks from the event date will be forfeited and the Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of these proceeds as it sees fit.
- Prizes must be taken, in the form as presented by the Organiser. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subject to the R&R and / or T&C as determined by the Organiser.
- “Gun Time” will determine the winners of all applicable categories.
- All prize winners or potential prize winners wishing to appeal or dispute results must make such appeals on-site in person and in writing. Appeals must be received within 30 minutes of publishing of results on the board at the Event site and must be accompanied by an appeal fee of MYR100 in cash. Where possible, the appeal should be made before the prize presentation, the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeal thereafter.
- For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing including electronic mail within 3 days after the event day, the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal after 6pm on 19 July 2020.
- For all disputes on results, organisers and MNCF’s decision is final and no other disputes thereafter will be entertained.
- Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
- All riders are to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
- For safety reasons, riders who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- All Riders must follow designated routes and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points.
- Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. Such riders will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follow instructions. Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finishers’ medals will not be issued to the aforesaid riders. The competitive rides category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
- All riders must abide by the standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
- Riders MUST NOT:
- Ride without a protective cycling helmet;
- Ride dangerously or negligently; or
- Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkmans or other mobile music devices while riding.
- Use handheld cameras or telephones while riding.
- All riders are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
- Helmets are a must-have to enter all categories of rides i.e. 120km, 78km, 17km or 12km kids ride. Rear lights are optional but very important to ensure good distance judgement while cycling at night.
Additional Rules and Regulations
- You are NOT ALLOWED to ride under someone else’s name or bib number under any circumstances.
- The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will rest with the Organiser.
- Child seats on bicycles are not allowed due to safety reasons.
- All race packs that are not collected on the designated collection day(s) will be available for collection one week after the said event day for a continuous 14 days within the working hours at our office. Thereafter the uncollected race pack(s) will be unpacked and no more collections will be allowed.
- All riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their Cycling Bib to the respective officials.
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on Event day.
- Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website within 5 working days after completion of the Event.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure riders’ safety, riders who take part in the Event do so at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in the Event. Riders are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
- The form on the reverse side of the cycling bib must be fully and accurately completed. Riders must attach the assigned bib to the lower back of their cycling jersey/ t-shirt. Riders not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
- All Riders must check and service their bikes before the Event and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
- All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
- All Riders are to keep to the left hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times. Overtaking on the left hand side is dangerous and will NOT BE ALLOWED.
- Riders are to call out when passing fellow cyclists.
- Stationary Neutral Services for bike maintenance and Medical Support will be available throughout the Event. Riders MUST wear their cycling bib in order to receive such support.
- Riders who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a rider if he / she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her ride without risk of serious injury to him / herself or others.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and / or recommended hospital.
- Recommendations by the Organiser, to reduce medical risk:
- Riders should drink plenty of fluids before, during and after their ride;
- Riders over the age of thirty-five (35) years and who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
- Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
- Riders participating in the Event are advised to practise safe cycling, and their participation is at their own risk. Accordingly, the Organiser shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and / or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise howsoever arising.
- The Organiser will not be liable for the actions of riders or other third parties, not employed by the Organiser or acting on its behalf.
- All riders are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
- There will be no further extensions of any registration periods.
The Event will be held, rain or shine, unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous. This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials. If the Event is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any / all portions of the Event.
CONSENT TO THE EVENT
By taking part in the Event, I agree to abide by these Rules & Regulations. Lebuhraya Kajang-Seremban Sdn. Bhd. and GoSportz Sdn Bhd, the Event Organiser, reserves the right to modify such Rules & Regulations in any way and at any times deemed necessary or appropriate, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this cycling ride. I consent to the use of any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record which may include me, in any record of the Event or for future promotion of the Event.
WAIVER OF THE EVENT
In consideration of the Organiser accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims to damages I may have against the Organiser holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and invalidity I may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. I hereby indemnify the Organiser and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.