1. Why was the event postponed?
The World Health Organization (WHO) had declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. Arising from that, the Ministry Of Health and the Malaysia Sports Commissioner had issued directives for the postponement of all large scale public/sports events. This most difficult decision was made to help ensure the continued safety of registered participants, our employees, and all others who are involved in the event. We deeply regret the inconvenience arising from these most exceptional circumstances.
2. Would you reinstate the event to the original date if the COVID-19 outbreak is resolved by the end of June before the original date of RHB Lekas Highway 2020?
The decision to postpone the RHB LEKAS Highway Ride 2020 to 2021 is final. It was made in accordance to the health advisory notices and safety guidelines issued by KKM and MKN. It is in the best interest of the participants and all stakeholders that this Event be postponed.
3. When is the event date for RHB LEKAS Highway Ride 2021?
We have not at this juncture determine the new date for RHB Lekas Highway Ride 2021. The new date will be determined once we have more clarity on the COVID-19 situation and in accordance to the health advisory notices and safety guidelines issued or to be issued by KKM and MKN.
4. What will happen to my registration fee?
All race entries remain valid and will automatically be transferred to the new event date.
5. If I’m not able to participate next year, what is the solution?
If you are unable to participate in next year’s event, you can transfer your race entry to another person.
6. Can I get a refund for my participation fee?
The event has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances. As such the participation fee will be automatically transferred to the new event date. As outlined in the terms and conditions, cancellation and refund are not permitted once you have registered.
7. I can’t find anyone to transfer my entry to, can I withdraw and get a refund?
We suggest that you visit the Lekas Highway Ride Facebook page to check if there are interested parties who would like to take your place. If you are still unable to find replacement by the closing date (to be announced), no refund will be provided and your entry will remain active. However, you will still be entitled to the race packs.
8. When can I transfer my entry to another person?
All transfer requests must be submitted within 30 days from the announcement of the new event date. Please refer to the Transfer Policy for the details and guidelines.
9. Do you allow for a change in ride category if I am eligible for a different category based on age calculation for 2021?
The changes in ride category will be made automatically for Kids to Teens and Men's Open to Men's Veteran respectively. For categories under Teens to Young Adults and Young Adults to Open, you may request for a change to your ride category and top up the difference in fees, if any. In this regard, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
10. Are you going to open a new registration for 2021 to new participants?
New registrations will only be accepted if there are available slots , subject to our limit of a maximum of 5,000 participants.
11. Can I get a refund for my flight tickets?
The event has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances. As such, please contact your respective airlines to check if they offer any refunds due to the Covid-19 outbreak. All flight booking cancellations/refunds are subject to the terms and conditions as determined by the respective airlines.
12. Can I get a refund for my hotel bookings?
The event has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances. As such, please contact your respective hotels to check if they offer any refunds due to the Covid-19 outbreak. All hotel booking cancellations/refunds are subject the terms and conditions as determined by the respective hotels.